Averto AvaliGaios, Paxi (Paxos)
Averto Avali is a stylish, spacious, comfortable, waterfront apartment. Views from the large front windows are across the water to Agios Nicholas’ Venetian fortress and a rear terrace incorporates a barbecue and sitting area.
The name Averto Avali was given to this old mansion so as to honor the island where the house stands for more than two hundred years. The words Averto Avali come from the old local dialect of the people of Paxos and represent: Averto(”right in front”) and Avali(”Bay”) which shows the exact location of the house right in front of the old port of Gaios.
The dramatic entrance to the old port of Gaios has the pine-forested island of Agios Nicholas on one side and on the other side a waterfront of small fishing boats and yachts moored in front of just a few café bars. In between the café, bars is the gated entrance to arguably the most impressive building in Gaios: Averto Avali.
Built during the Venetian occupation of Paxos in the early 18th Century, Averto Avali was home to the British Governor from 1815 to 1864, when Paxos and the other Ionian islands were ceded to and reunited with Greece.
The apartment which occupies the first floor has been recently fully renovated giving a mixture of traditional and modern style at the same time. The apartment is fully equipped with all the up-to-date amenities.
● Two double bedrooms with double beds
● Bedroom with twin beds
● Open plan kitchen with sitting room
STAFF & SERVICES
● Maid Service twice per week
● Linen change twice weekly
At extra cost (advance notice may be required):
● Private transfers
● Restaurant reservations
● Private Chef services
● Provisions and grocery orders and delivery before your arrival
● Massage & Beauty treatments
● Private tours
● Car, boat, motorbike rental
Car: Νot Νecessary
Nearest restaurant 100 Meters
Paxos Medical Center 3 Km
Gaios village 300 Meters
Nearest beach 900 Meters
Gaios New Port 850 Meters
- Baby cots
- Bath toiletries
- Bath towels or/and Bathrobes
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Iron / ironing board
Rates (Low season starting from)
- Nightly: €280
- Weekly (7d+): €1,960
For Availability and Rates please enter your desirable travel dates on the Enquiry form
- Minimum stay varies according to season 5 nights
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Cancellation Policy
- ● 31 Days: No fees apply if the reservation is cancelled earlier than 31 days prior to the scheduled arrival date. Any taken deposit is fully refunded.● 22-30 Days: In case the booking is cancelled between 30 and 22 days prior to arrival, 30% of the total accommodation cost is charged as cancellation fee.● 01-21 Days: In case the booking is cancelled later than 21 days prior to arrival, in case of no-show or in case of an early departure, the total accommodation cost (100%) is charged as cancellation fee.
- Additional rules information
- ● PAYMENT POLICY -- We will require a 30% deposit payable by Credit card or Bank transfer at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. ● DAMAGE AGREEMENT -- You must provide the Company with a valid credit card to act as collateral for any losses or damages to the property (including its contents) during the rental period and the Company may charge such credit card up the amount of these losses or damages. Note that the Company will notify and discuss with you before any such charge is made. If you are required to pay an additional cash security deposit (indicated in your Payment Details), you will be refunded the deposit after we receive clearance from the Owner.